Surviving Through Summer | 【关于度夏】
1. Water your plants at high temperature is like giving your plants 'Sauna'. The root can rot easily when there is too much steam. In hot summer, only water your plants at night when temperature goes down to avoid potential damage to your plants. When temperature rise above 30 degrees, reduce your watering frequency.
2. When weather is getting warmer in early summer, you can move your succulents outdoor. However, you need to gradually introduce your succulents to the sun. For the first two weeks, only give your succulents morning sun and dawn-time sun. Then you can gradually increase the time of it getting sunlight. Always try to avoid strong direct sunlight, succulents can easily get sunburnt. After watering, blow away any residual water drops on the leaves. Those water drops would act as magnifiers and could burn your plants or cause rotting.
3. Rain water has a lot of natural nutrients that your plants need, it also helps to maintain a slightly acidic growing environment. However, there are still certain things to keep in mind after your succulents got showered:
- Remember to blow away any remaining water drops on the leaves to eliminate the “magnifier” effect.
- If the temperature goes high the second day of raining, remember to move your plants indoor or place them under shades to avoid rotting.
- Make sure your succulents are placed in an area with breezing air flow.
- Don’t over-water your succulents. With too much water, leaves are going to elongate and lose their pretty shape.
- For succulents that are just planted in the new pot, sufficient water helps the root-growing and could accelerate the pot adaption period. Make sure to place your succulents in a well-ventilated area to reduce the risk of root rotting.
4. Color-fading of succulent leaves is common in hot summer. Without sufficient temperature differences, your succulents would pass the healthily-stressed state. Therefore, your plants will lose some redness in summer. Don’t worry, colours will come back in fall once the temperature starts dropping at night. Succulents are more colourful in spring and autumn. They change colours and shapes in every season. Watching your succulents transitioning is one of joy to grow these plants.
- 浇水：高温的时候浇水就是一个蒸桑拿的效果，闷热 潮湿时多肉会很容易烂根，所以夏天升温之后可以在晚上浇水。温度升到30 °C以上后，需要逐步断水。